Saturday, March 12, 2011

Quite a Stack

I feel like I have been cutting the fabrics for my Metro Link quilt for weeks now. Oh, right, I have been. It's cutting all those individual pieces of scraps that takes so long. Once you get to the background fabric you can zip along as usual. I'm trying a new fabric for the solid. It is Quilter's Linen by Robert Kaufman. It is regular quilting fabric, printed with a subtle grain to resemble linen. I'll let you know what I think of it as I progress, but so far the Straw color I chose is a good look alike.What you see here are the 617 individual pieces required for the quilt. Just think of the scraps I'm using up! I even used some leftover strips to make more pieced note cards which are now in my shop. Phew. So why are my scrap bins still so full?

3 comments:

Vicki said...

The cards are great! I need to make some more, one of these days.

Jenny @ Anything Pretty said...

I love that quilt pattern! I can't wait to see what you create!

whittle stitch said...

I love your little cards, very fun!