Friday, July 13, 2012

Fabric from Afar

Two packages from overseas arrived at my house this week, and it made me think how cool it is to have access to unique fabrics from all over the globe.  I found both sources on etsy!  Look at these gorgeous hand printed lovelies from Maze and Vale in Australia.  The rainclouds just get me.  I love the feathers too.
I've had my eye on a number of fabrics from UniqueShiny based in Seoul. These great paper-like prints come as a panel on a single piece of linen/cotton blend.  The other panel is information about Hangul, the Korean alphabet, and traditional Korean houses. 
These are all going in my special fabrics bin for just the right project. 

4 comments:

tusen said...

Great find. Can't wait to see what you sew with them, although I know sometimes finding just the right project for treasured fabric may take a while.

CitricSugar said...

Those paper prints are too cool!! Love them.

Lynette said...

Those are really cool. Yeah, I am very grateful for the Internet with the access it brings me to Quilt Blogland and to world-wide shopping. It's truly a wondrous venue.

Karen Lewis Textiles said...

i love Leslie's prints...she's such an inspiration. I haven't heard of the place in Korea...off to check that out now!
ps really sorry to be stalking you everywhere, but really pleased to have found you ;-)